Genoot - Family History Services  
 EventsDirectoryLibraryAboutContact
  Library  

Library | Location | England | Bedfordshire | Renhold

Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9

Renhold, Bedfordshire


RENHOLD, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Bedford; on an affluent of the river Ouse, 3¾ miles NE of Bedford r. station. Post-town, Bedford. Acres, 2,165. Real property, £3,336. Pop., 513. Houses, 92. The manor, with Howbury Hall, belongs to Capt. F. C. Polhill Turner. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £126.* Patron, Capt. F. C. Polhill Turner. The church is mainly later English, with a tower; was restored in 1863; and contains an altar-tomb of 1510 to W. Wayte, and 4 ancient marble monuments to the Polhills and the Beechers. There are an endowed school with £28 a-year, and charities £11.

     
Copyright 2002. Genoot. All rights reserved
Please read our Terms of Use | Privacy Policy